OnBehalfOf - How do I enable it (allowing applications to run on behalf on someone else)?
OnBehalfOf is a way to allow certain users to impersonate other users in the API. Impersonation is required for most server application as they need to work on behalf of a user even though the code is signed by another user. For example OnBeHalfOf allows application XYZ to work on behalf the user name supplied to it.
Please note that OnBehalfOf is required to use the OnTime Group Calendar API Java wrapper from XPages.
To configure OnBehalfOf perform the steps below:
- Locate the OnTime Group Calendar Configuration database on your workspace and make sure you have the [Developer] role assigned to you in the ACL of the database. Please note that you may have to create the role if it hasn't yet been created.
- Open the OnTime Group Calendar Configuration database.
- Go to the "Server Settings" by clicking "Server Settings" at the top of the left hand navigator.
- Open the server settings document for the server you will be accessing to reproduce the issue (or just open the one server settings document if you only have one OnTime Group Calendar server).
- Bring the document into edit mode and locate the "Users allowed to run 'OnBehalfOf'" field left side of the form and specify the names of the users allowed to impersonate other users.
- Save and close the document.
See the "OnBehalfOf - How does it work? Do you have an example?" for documentation on how to use it in the API.