Enable trace logging - version 4.2.x and older
Please note: The below applies only to version 4.2.x and older.
If instructed to enable trace logging for the OnTime Group Calendar - Social server side components follow the below steps:
- Log into the WebSphere ISC on the Deployment Manager
- From the lefthand menu select "Troubleshooting/Logs and trace"
- Click on the server running the "OnTime Group Calendar - Common" application (if multiple servers are in running the application the following steps need to be performed for each server running the application)
- Select "Change Log Detail Levels"
- Click the "Runtime" tab
- In the text box append ": com.ontimesuite.gc.social=all: dk.intravision.http=all: com.ontimesuite.gc2011.api.http=all" (please note the leading colon).
Please note: For most installations this means that the field value will now be "*=info: com.ontimesuite.gc.social=all: dk.intravision.http=all: com.ontimesuite.gc2011.api.http=all"
- Click Apply (a status message will appear at the top saying "Note: your specified trace string was optimized")
Reproduce the issue and send us the trace.log file which will be saved to the log directory of the server(s) in question.
Please note: You do not need to restart the WebSphere Application Server(s) to apply trace logging using the above approach.
Please note: Enabling trace logging will output LtpaTokens, usernames and passwords as clear text to the trace.log so please handle it appropriately.